The Forge, 105 Sumner St
RMF were delighted to have been the sole raised flooring contractor appointed at The Forge, 105 Sumner Street. The Forge is a new development for Landsec developed in lined with the UK Green Building Council’s net zero carbon buildings framework. The RMF Eco Range was selected by the project team to assist with the client achieving these pioneering sustainability goals.
The project is situated behind the Tate Modern and had the two buildings running concurrently requiring skilled and experienced site management from RMF to ensure compliance with programme and dialogue with the main contractors teams.
RMF’s scope of works were as follows;
- To supply and install the RMF Eco Range throughout blocks A and B – 13,400m2
- To supply and install one coat of PVA sealer prior to install and one coat post installation
- To perform square edged cut outs for cable entry
- To supply and install Heavy Grade Screw down panels – mechanically fixed – 2,000m2
- To install temporary ramps
- To cut around columns and support as necessary
- Ramps up to firefighter lifts
- To perform T42 swing bag testing
- BIM Design and management
The project has gone on to achieve a number of impressive sustainability feats including being all-electric, powered by 100% renewable electricity – which is generated from 107 PV panels on its roof. There is a vast 298m2 of green roof, resulting in significant biodiversity net gain for the area.
At RMF we are working with a number of developers to maximise the opportunities for reuse and sustainable development. To speak to one of the team about reuse of raised floor contact us on 01926 425289.
Back to Case Studies