As a Midlands based business we love nothing more than being appointed on the raised flooring for local works. With that in mind, our recent handover of the raised flooring for the new Arup Midlands HQ in Birmingham was another great example of local businesses delivering value in the sector.
The new HQ for Arup is located in the newly built Centenary Square and had a strong focus on sustainability and social value behind the CAT-B fit out. RMF were employed as the raised flooring contractor and our scope of works were as follows;
- Removal of existing raised flooring and set aside to allow for additional CAT-B services and partitions to be installed
- Weekly contracts management visits to site
- Pre-mark of pedestal locations prior to installation of services
- Installation of fire barrier and acoustic barriers across all 3 floors
- Site formed cut outs for services, floor boxes and grommets
- Split line works on the raised floor – areas where finishes vary in thickness the raised flooring is lowered to accommodate this
- Vacuum clean of accessible subfloor
- 2mm Fire rated raised floor protection throughout
- Drill and countersink of existing raised floor below hard finishes
- Tanking and bunding beneath raised floor in tea point areas
- Split line works under glazed screens and installation of additional pedestals to support
- Supply and install of heavy grade vinyl raised floor panels to comms room areas
- Supply of panel and pedestal spares
- De-rock of raised flooring on completion
RMF received excellent feedback from the site team on their professionalism, speed of installation and even how the team coped with a localised bomb threat in the area. Nothing can throw off our teams!
Another great local installation of raised floor for team RMF. To work with the experts in all things access floor contact us today on 01926 425289.
Back to Case Studies