The Eden was designed my Make Architects and is located in Salford, Manchester. With extremely high carbon targets the project team knew that by appointing RMF to install our Eco Range we could assist with achieving these.
RMF’s scope of works on the project were as follows;
- Supply and install RMF Eco Range – total of 10,617m2 throughout
- Dustproofing PVA sealer throughout
- Supply and install AIM cavity barrier to suit 120mm void
- To perform cut out’s for mechanical and electrical points throughout the floor plate
- To twice mechanically fix in areas over 300mm void subject to T42 Swing bag test results
- Completion of T42 swing bag test
Aside from RMF’s works the project team had a plethora of other carbon saving initiatives throughout the building including;
- Europe’s largest green wall – 355,000 plants.
- Glazing area limited to 60% of the façade.
- Enhanced insulation values in line with Passivhaus standard (the gold standard in energy efficiency – buildings created to rigorous energy efficient design standards so that they maintain an almost constant temperature).
- Air tightness rating of 2m3/hr/m2 @ 50Pa compared with the building regulation target of 10m3/hr/m2 @ 50Pa.
- All electrical building.
- Air source heat pumps providing low carbon heating and cooling.
- CO2 heat pumps providing high efficiency low carbon hot water.
- Wider heating and cooling setpoints to reduce energy whilst maintain comfort conditions.
- Demand controlled ventilation linked to CO2 sensors.
- Recycled steel for reinforcement.
- High recycled content material for façade and structure.
- Exposed ceilings in office areas.
The project also recently achieved a 5.5 NABERS ‘Design Reviewed’ Target Rating – the first new build building in the UK to achieve this record-breaking certification.
What is a NABERS rating?
Like the efficiency ratings that you get on your fridge or washing machine, NABERS provides a rating for the energy efficiency of offices. Their one- to six-star scale helps building owners to understand how their building performs compared to other buildings. To date there are only 20 buildings that have been certified through the independent design review ranging from 4 to 5-star rating, Eden is one of two with the highest 5.5 star target rating, with the other building being a refurbishment.
We are extremely proud to have worked on such a groundbreaking project and we look forward to delivering more sustainable spaces.
To speak to the market leaders in reused/recycled raised access flooring contact team RMF on 01926 425289 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
Back to Case Studies