The MET Building
RMF were delighted to have worked alongside the team delivering the CAT-A fit out of the MET building in Fitzrovia London. The MET building was formerly known as Metropolis house and was built in 1965. The building was constructed during an architectural period whereby many designers were drawing inspiration from American city buildings and the building was inspired by the Lever Buidling in New York.
The focus of the new fit out was on ‘people, wellness and sustainability. Some of the key design features of the building include;
- 60% recovery of exhaust air heat
- Low energy LED lighting
- Energy recovery – energy used back into the building
- Low carbon technology – carbon zero by 2030
- Use less water – minimum flow and speciality valves
- Better systems – flexible BMS on localised systems
- Reach standards – EPC B and NABERS 5*
- Biophilic design
- Cycle parking
- Yoga terrace
- Human connection – communal zones and human centred design
RMF’s scope of works were as follows;
- Supply and install new RMF 26mm Medium Grade PSA raised access floor to suit 60-130mm void – Tower Floors – 2,040 m²
- Supply and install new RMF 31mm Medium Grade PSA raised access floor to suit 60-130mm void – Podium Floors – 4,051 m²
- To install two coats of PVA sealer – 6,091 m²
We are delighted to have worked on another great fit out and another client making proactive steps towards a sustainable office future.
As a further positive on this project our contracts and raised floor installation teams received glowing feedback from the on site delivery teams throughout contracts to all involved on making this project such a success.
To work with an experienced and professional team for all of your raised access flooring requirements contact RMF on 01926 425289.
Back to Case Studies