50 Finsbury Square
50 Finsbury square is located between Old Street’s ‘silicon roundabout’ and the heart of the city making it a truly iconic location. RMF were delighted to be instructed on behalf of Great Portland Estates Plc and Mace as the sole raised access flooring contractor.
The focus of the development is wellbeing, flexibility and most importantly sustainability. The project is targeting BREEAM excellent alongside net Zero. The finished building will produce 60% less operational carbon emissions compared to the existing building. The decision to opt for retrofit of the existing building rather than demolition and rebuild also resulted in significant embodied carbon savings.
RMF’s scope of works were as follows;
- Pre marking a 2.4m grid of pedestal locations prior to installation
- Supply and install of 10,572m² of RMF Eco Range raised floor to suit 160mm finished floor height from LG – Level 8
- 500m² bridging over services (across LG – Level 8)
- T42 swing bag tests to all floors
- Installation of air seal raised floor panels to Level 8
- Air leakage testing to plenum area on level 8
- Install 675nr flat plate bridging to span over obstructions to our pedestal supports posed by cladding fixing brackets
- 780lm installation of 30 minute AIM fire barrier to suit 130mm void
- Post installation void clean
- Post installation clean and buff of floor in situ prior to handover
As you can see from the below images, the building has been modernised to a high specification and with sustainability and wellbeing at the heart of its design. We look forward to seeing how the new tenants personalise the space to suit their needs.
We would also like to thank our access floor installation team for such excellent work on this project, Ryan and his team were awarded the service excellence award in March with the commentary ' Ryan has managed the installation of the floors exceptionally well. The floors have been completed with very few snags and handovers have consistently been on time.' Excellent work and well deserved feedback Ryan and team!
To work with the experts in the supply and installation of reclaimed raised access floor contact our team on 01926 425289.
Back to Case Studies