A pirouette and peds!
Raised flooring and the English National Ballet are not two organisations that would normally partner together however we were fortunate enough to have been given our curtain call by a major fit out contractor. RMF were commissioned to install the raised flooring required at the English National Ballets new school when they moved from west to east London into London City Island.
RMF’s scope of works included:
First Floor - Offices, Meeting Room & WC Facilities, Wardrobe Department & Stairs
- 735m2 raised access floor with 269mm floor void
- 305 m2 raised access floor with 263mm floor void
Second Floor - Studios 2 and 3, Principal Boys and Girls Changing Rooms,
- 174 m2 Raised access floor with 288mm floor void
First Floor - VIP Room, Corridor & Mezzanine Space
- 80 m2 Raised access floor with 269mm floor void
- 21 m2 Raised access floor with 263mm floor void
Ground Floor - Corridor, Changing Rooms & WC Facilities
- 10 m2 Server room factory bonded raised access floor
Second Floor - Green Room, Engagement Space, Gym, Pilates, Studio 4
- 283 m2 Raised access floor with 288mm floor void
- 91 m2 Raised floor to Gym with heavy duty panels and 224mm floor void
Fourth Floor - Engagement Space, Studio 5
- 114 m2 Raised access floor with 288mm floor void
Third Floor - Music Room, Viewing Library, Meeting Rooms
- 67 m2 Raised access floor with 63mm floor void
- 84 m2 Raised access floor with 294mm floor void
Third Floor - All other Remaining Third Floor Spaces (School)
- 119 m2 Raised access floor with 63mm floor void
- 228 m2 Raised access floor with 69mm floor void
Fourth Floor - All other Remaining Fourth Floor Spaces (School)
- 225 m2 Raised access floor with 288mm floor void
- 107 m2 Raised access floor with 288mm floor void
The building was built by EcoWorld Ballymore as part of a wider new neighbourhood being created in Canning Town on former dockland.
Not only does this project bring the two organisations together for the first time, they now have access to state-of-the art training facilities, teaching and rehearsal studios alongside a 600 sq m theatre-sized production studio space. The new home incorporates the latest digital infrastructure to allow both organisations to transmit their work to audiences around the UK and the rest of the world.
It was an honour to have been involved in such a landmark project and we hope the English National Ballet company will be very happy in their new stunning home.
Back to Case Studies